Local Voter Information
Friday, March 2, 2012
Last day to register to vote for the state-wide primary election.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
State Primary Election
Friday, April 13, 2012
Last day to register to vote in the state primary runoff election.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
State Primary Runoff Election
Friday, August 17, 2012
Last day to register to vote in the Huntsville municipal election.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Huntsville municipal election.
Friday, September 28, 2012
Last day to register to vote in the Huntsville municipal runoff election.
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Huntsville municipal runoff election
Friday, October 26, 2012
Last day to register to vote in the federal general election.
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
How to Register to Vote in Madison County
From the Madison County, Alabama, voter website:
· 18 Years of Age
· U. S. Citizen
· Resident of Madison County
· Never convicted of a felony
· (unless rights have been restored)
· Not declared mentally incompetent
You may register at:
· The Board of Registrars, Fifth Floor, Madison County Courthouse, Huntsville
· All City Halls
· Armed Forces Recruiting Stations
· You may also register when applying for: State of Alabama Driver's License or Aid to Dependent Children, Food Stamps, WIC, Medicaid, or Rehabilitation Services.
A postcard registration form may be obtained by calling the
· Madison County Board of Registrars at 256-532-3510;
· State Office of Voter Registration 334-242-4337; or
· Office of Secretary of State, 1-800-274-VOTE (8683).
You may fill out, print and sign a Voter Registration Form for use if you have never before registered to vote or if you are presently registered in another Alabama county or another state.
Alabama law requires that all Voter Registration Forms have original signatures. The completed form may not be faxed.
Applications must be filled out completely and returned to the
Madison County Board of Registrars
Madison County Courthouse
100 Northside Square
Huntsville, Alabama 35801-4820.
You will receive a Voter Registration ID Card listing your voting precinct and the location of you polling place.
Offices Up for Election
Two federal, eighteen state, and eleven Madison County offices are up for election in 2012. Huntsville city has four offices up for election, and Madison city has at least two as well. Below is a schedule prepared by the state detailing the offices and their incumbants.