How do I read a book each week?
To make this challenge a little less overwhelming, just take the books a day at a time. If the average book you read is 300 pages, break it down and try to read 45 pages a day.
Are you looking for a different New Year’s Resolution? Do you want a good, fun challenge? Try the Madison Mega-Marathon!
The challenge will begin on January 1, 2013 and end December 31, 2013. The challenge is to read at least 1 book each week of the year. The week will start on Sunday and end on Saturday. If you run over into another week, or start a book early, that’s no problem. The goal is to read at least 52 books throughout the year, or 13 each quarter.
Be sure to sign up and let us know that you’re joining the challenge!
You get to choose which books you want to read, but to give you more ideas, I’ll have mini challenges throughout the year. Feel free to use any of these ideas, or email me with additional ideas. I will be borrowing some ideas from other bloggers and various websites.
We ask that you write a blog post to tell us your thoughts on the book and/or rate the book. This will help us know who has completed the monthly and quarterly reading goals.
1. Participants must have an HMCPL library card.
2. Participants must be 18 or older.
3. Books must be YA or adult books over 100 pages.
4. Any format counts (books, e-books, audio, etc.).
5. Books read for book clubs do count.
6. List each book you read throughout the year and let us know what you think! Write a blog post and/or rate each one so others can get ideas for their book lists. This also lets us know that you’ve completed your goals, so that you’ll be eligible for prizes.
7. You may join at any time throughout the year. If you join late and still want to read 52 books throughout the 2013 calendar year, that’s no problem at all. You will still be eligible for prizes.
8. If you would rather read a fewer number of books throughout the year, you are still eligible for prizes.
9. HMCPL staff can participate, but will not be eligible for prizes.
10. Prizes will be awarded periodically. The prizes must be picked up at the Madison Public Library.