Tidbits on Teens and Cell Phones
- For teen drivers, talking on a cell phone and texting while driving are high-risk activities that often last longer than other distractions, such as adjusting the radio or eating while operating a vehicle.
- Texting takes your eyes off the road for approxiamatly 5 secounds
- At the speed of 65 a car travels the span of one basketball court in one secound.
- Overall 75% of all teens text and texting is reported as the number one mode of communication for teens.
- Distracted driving is now the number one killer of teens as of 2011.
- 18% of distraction-related crashes are from cell phone usage.